Saturday, August 8, 2009

Berkeley Brunch

Ate at a new place this morning for a friend's birthday. La Note Restaurant in Berkeley on Shattuck. It's Provencal French food. Though I don't eat eggs, their oeufs (eggs) looked awesome and tended to be what people ordered. I got the lemon gingerbread pancakes with poached pears. They tasted like gingerbread cookies of pancake consistency, and were pretty darn tasty. I had a taste of another guy's pain perdu (French toast, essentially) and it was good. Too rich for me to eat more than a taste, and very dense, but good. Their orange juice was fresh. The mocha I had left much to be desired but was what I needed at the time. I'm definitely going back to try the oatmeal raspberry pancakes next time.

La Note Restaurant
2377 Shattuck Ave.
Berkeley, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment