Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Sensations of Summer

Having lived in Southern California for two years now, I think I'm finally starting to appreciate the weather. It is perfect, especially in the summer. Highs of 85? Brilliant, and it stays just warm enough to be able to sit outside without a sweater until about 9PM.

I went to the farmer's market this morning. On my way out, I heard an announcer at the swim club across the street. I didn't even know there was one, but it made me miss my childhood summers. Saturday morning meets were the epicenter of my life. It's nice to know that there is a club as close to my home now as there is up north. It's comforting.

The countdown to Balboa has begun...two more months and I will be all settled with six of my favorite people. It is going to be an epic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment